Lead paint is paint containing lead, pigment that is added to paint to speed up drying, increase durability, maintain a fresh appearance, and resist moisture that causes corrosion.
To prevent diseases caused by this product, lead paint has to be removed from housing. The radical method is the mechanical technique; completely removing the paint on the contaminated surface.
The introduction of lead paint for residential use in the 19th century increased childhood exposure to lead and its toxicity was discovered during the first half of the 20th century. Lead is especially damaging to children under the age of six, whose bodies are still developing. It is particularly dangerous to children because it tastes sweet, encouraging children to put lead chips and toys with lead dust in their mouths.
Lead paint is also dangerous to adults and can cause reproductive problems in both men and women. That's why lead paint is now prohibited in a lot of developed countries. However, lead paint is still present in many old houses and old buildings. You can find it on floors, ceilings, walls and other surfaces.